Wednesday 9 July 2014

Make Minion Costume

I can rock a hot glue like no tomorrow, but a sewing machine kind of scare's me!  Then the amazing Stacy from Stacy Uncorked came over at 7p to help me sew pants.  NOW my job was to measure said pants!  I fixed the pants and even sewed on the straps for the overalls!

I first saw this awesome idea for Homemade minion costume on The Home Place.

2 Rolls of 1 inch foam (I used 2 rolls for 2 minions)
Bright yellow spray paint
Bright purple spray paint (Cole wanted to be the evil minion ... go figure)
1 packages of black pipe cleaners (cut half)
1 Purple Feather Boa
2 Pkgs Velcro (self adhesive - but still hot glued it down)
Hot glue gun
1 bag Hot glue sticks (I used close to 40 or 50 of the small sticks)
1 Round cardboard container (Oatmeal Carton - Worked perfect)
2 Sheets black felt
Scissors
Sewing Machine
3 yards Blue Fleece
1/2 yard Yellow Fleece
1/2 Yard Purple Fleece

1/2 Yard Black Fleece

Wrap Foam around each child to see how much you will need.  MINE was a little hard, thanks to Rick and a can of spray glue.

I ended up hot gluing the Velcro to the foam to make sure it stayed in place (the self adhesive didn't hold very well).  I used my circle cookie cutters to cut the arm holes out.

lol.  I then hot glued the black circle down and then the G in the center.  I hot glued the sleeves into the arm holes.

For the Yellow Minion I took Black pipe cleaners I cut in half then hot glued them to the top, sticking straight up.  For the Purple Minion I took a purple feather boa I found at the dollar store and hot glued it down.  To finish up I cut a long strip of black fleece to line the inside of the eye.  I cut a longer strip of black fleece to fit around the foam head to be strap of the eye hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment